The Registry provides the administrative functions of the Tribunals. It is where you can lodge forms, claims and applications. The administrative functions include:
- Creating case files when we receive an application, giving it a case number and maintaining the case management system.
- Receiving all documents relating to proceedings before the Tribunals and taking the various administration actions required by the Act, Regulations, Rules or generally, required for each document.
- Looking after closed case files.
- Responding to telephone and counter enquiries.
- Maintaining the text of industrial awards and distributing copies to subscribers.
The Registry is located on the 6th floor of the Riverside Centre building on North Terrace in the Adelaide CBD. It is approximately 50 metres west of the Railway Station, past the Intercontinental Hotel driveways. Our business hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm.
The Registrar heads the Registry. There are functions for the Industrial Registrar set out in the Fair Work Act 1994 and for the Registrar of the Workers Compensation Tribunal set out in the Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1986. They are carried out by the one Registrar, two Deputy Registrars and the staff of the Registry. The Registrar is responsible for the integrity and efficiency of the Registry and for the effective management of all administrative functions attached to the Registry.